“There is no sincerer love than the love of food.”
Pizza Or Pasta?
Pizza or pasta? You might be thinking what to choose when you’re hungry, right? There are millions of freaky foodies around the globe who want to know about these 2 delicious food items. In this article, you will get to know everything you ever wanted to know. For me, pizza or pasta both would be great as I don’t eat anything else other than these two
There is the answer to all your questions. Keep on reading until the end you will surely find some mysterious facts and knowledge about pizza.
Let’s start with the history of pizza and then we will move towards pasta.
Pizza history begins with on 11thof June 1889. Esposito was the first person on earth to make pizza. The pizza was the invention of Italy. The pizza was made to represent the national colors of the Italian flag. It is said that in ancient times pizza was made on a flatbread in mud ovens by Egyptians but it wasn’t given the name pizza it was called just a piece of bread.
By the time pizza reached 19th-century people started to eat it as breakfast as lunch and it was also served as dinner. By the time the 20th-century pizza was sold as a commercial product and it was introduced in Chicago too. Slowly and gradually with time many pizzerias opened in the United States and pizza became the specialty of America. Pizza is said to be consumed the most in America.
However, pizza history does not end here there are many other things which are hidden till now and no one knows the actual history of pizza that where this idea of pizza came from was it Egypt or was it Italy?
Pizza History Facts
- The word pizza was invented about more than 1000 years ago.
- In 1835 the writer of the three musketeers went to Neapolitan and observed that poor people used to eat watermelon in summers and pizza all winters nothing else.
- Lombardi’s was the first pizzeria which was originally a grocery store.
- During the first few 100 years, the pizza was eaten and sold by predominant class of working people.
- European countries were the first to sell pizza and they were the first to introduce it to people.
- Dogs also love pizza as people noticed that it wasn’t just loved by humans so they invented a mini pizza for dogs known as the heaven scent pizza.
- The first Uno chain pizzeria was started in Chicago after they made the deep dish pizza in 1943.
- Dominos was the first to start the 30 minutes delivery service but they dropped the plan because someone said that it is the base to unsafe driving.
- With time and due to cultures there have been made many different styles and many variations have been made in pizza.
- The cheese made my Chuck E was an accident he was originally the founder of Atari and gaming consoles.
- When there are issues in the pizza dough or other related problems with pizza the dough doctor Lehmann is there to help. Lehmann is the expert in baking and he has been working on pizza since 1967.
- Pizza helped to find a serial killer. The serial killer was found by the police after some DNA samples were taken from a slice of pizza.
- A woman called 911 and pretended to order pizza so that the police will get to know that there is a burglar in their house.
Problems with Vegetarians
Okay, cut these stupid facts let me tell you something about my personal experience about this pizza or pasta. Once I went on a date with a girl. While we were discussing things about our future and stuff like that the waiter showed up.
He handed over the menu and we wandered over she was a vegetarian which I didn’t know about. I simply asked her that what you want to eat pizza or pasta. So she just picked up her bag and she was like okay buy like wow!
For about a month I kept on thinking what the reason that she left was. Moreover, I was so disturbed for the whole of that month until she told me the only reason that she went was that she was a vegetarian and she would like to die before she had to sit with a man who eats chicken made products.
Wow man! She could have told me before that she is a vegetarian I could have managed but as soon as I asked her pizza or pasta she left. Thank god she didn’t say that you’re ugly that’s why I left. If she said so I would not have been able to withstand that as I am very stupid I take tensions on puny matters.
That was the last time I went out for lunch. Now I make my own pizza at home. Do you want to know how to make pizza? Here is the method to make pizza at home.
Here is an advice for you guys never let any girl ruin your life. You are unique in yourself so do not worry about what others say.
How to Make Pizza at Home?
It is as simple as a piece of cake guys eat pizza and live to your fullest.
- Baking soda
- Olive oil
- Tomato sauce
- Mozzarella cheese, grated
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Feta cheese, crumbled
- Mushrooms thinly sliced
- Bell peppers
- Italian sausage
- Chopped fresh basil
- Pepperoni thinly sliced
- Onions thinly sliced
- Ham thinly sliced
Method to Make pizza
- Heat the oven to 220 degrees before you put on the pizza. The oven is a special one which is only used for baking; don’t use the simple microwave.
- To make the dough you just simply have to take the bowl and put the right amount of flour as much as you need or you can say as big you want the pizza to be. Furthermore, you have to keep one thing in mind that you have to take the equal amount according to the flour you are taking. Now mix the flour with salt, yeast, and lukewarm water make sure you mix it well and form a dough ball out of it. Now simply take a wrapper and cover it. Leave it till the yeast acts upon the dough and it is double in size.
- Now take out the dough and press it to make it flat and make it round.
- Further, you have to take some mushrooms and cut them into pieces. Slice some onions along with some jalapenos. Now slice breast chicken into small pieces and cook in some spices.
- Now spread the readymade tomato sauce on the dough and top it with the sliced vegetables.
- Shred the mozzarella cheese and toss the sauced dough with it.
- Now simply add the mushrooms, onions and the jalapenos on the top of the cheese.
- Bake the pizza in the oven for 45 minutes until the crust is raised to its fullest.
- serve with some marinara sauce and chilled drink and live the special moments with pizza. BTW honestly i can eat 4 pizza at a time.
Types of pizza
There are different types of pizzas in different nations but I can tell you some of the most common flavors which are easily available at any pizzeria. Pizza has evolved so much with time and there are so many flavors people haven’t tasted yet.
- margarita extra
- Traditional toppings
New York-style pizza
- Pizza with traditional topping
- Chicken fajita
I guess for me the question about food than pizza or pasta. My answer will always be pizza. Now let’s move on to pasta.
What is pasta?
It is also an Italian invention. It is also made with wheat and water. Moreover, it can also be stamped into various shapes. Pasta came after pizza in the late 19th century it is actually noodle which is made from unleavened dough. It can be easily prepared with other flour too and can be used in a different variety of dishes.
Pasta is further divided into 2 categories dried past and fresh pasta. Dried pasta is manufactured commercially whereas the fresh pasta can be also made in homes. Pasta made products are also widely available in supermarkets and it can be easily found at any nearest store. There are about 310 varieties and shapes of pasta which are commonly eaten by different nations.
Pasta is eaten mostly as lunch but due to its versatility, it can be eaten for dinner and breakfast too. Different types of sauces are served with pasta with different flavors all around the globe.
What was the History of manufacturing pasta?
Pasta producing machines were manufactured for the 1600s across the coast of Sanremo. Uniform pasta or you can say simple pasta was pressed out of the machines. The machine made pasta was just like the handmade pasta and no one can tell the difference between these two kinds of pasta, the machine-made and the handmade.
The first ever company that started to make and sale pasta commercially was Sansepolcro. Moreover, Tuscany was the first well-known pasta makers of the century in the whole world.
4 most delicious dishes you can make with pasta
Gnocchi and Sweet Potatoes with pasta
Bring a large pot of salted water to a simmer. Add sugary potatoes and cook until gentle, about 8 minutes. Trench and then set aside.
Melt some butter about I tablespoon in a large pan. Add some garlic and sage pieces cook them until they are golden brown. Take them out now and add the gnocchi in that pan. Stir it till it is golden brown too.
Add some sherry and cook it until it is half the quantity left. Furthermore, add salt and other seasoning and keep on stirring and cooking. Add some sweet potatoes along with pasta. Now serve and enjoy.
2. Linguine Marvin
Cook the pasta according to the directions given but for an extra touch, you can add some spices as per your choice.
Meanwhile, just heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat furthermore, you have to add some garlic and sauté and cook it until they are golden brown. Cook the mixture for about 2 minutes.
Lower the heat and slowly stir the butter, lemon juice some salt and teaspoon of pepper. Add about 3 tablespoons of parmesan sauce and remove from heat.
Add some basil and toss some pasta in and mix it well with the sauce. Sprinkle the remaining parmesan sauce on it.
3. Broccoli Spaghetti
Prepare the spaghetti’s according to the direction given on the pack. Drain the water let it dry but not that much dry just remove the water after boiling it until it is soft and eatable. Save about a ½ cup of the water used in the boiling to be used further in the preparation of the dish. Meanwhile, simply shred some of the broccoli stalks.
Wash it with warm water to remove the dirt and boil it so that it is also free of pesticides. Cut the broccoli into small pieces and cut it in a criss-cross manner so that it looks pretty good while serving. Heat some oil in a big pan. Add the diced broccoli, garlic ¼ teaspoon salt and cook it until the garlic pieces are golden brown in color and check that the broccoli is fork-tender.
Cook it for about 4 to 5 minutes. Now it’s the time to add that remaining boiled water that we left out from the pasta. Add that water along with the past some chicken, remaining 1/3 teaspoons of salt and some grinds of pepper on it. Cover the pan with something and cook it for about 4 minutes until it is heated enough through. Serve with drizzled oil along with red pepper tossed on it.
Made your decision about pizza or pasta? Not till now? Okay, let’s continue until your mind is clear enough to decide what to eat when you go on a date Ha-Ha if you know what I mean.
4. Hot Italian Sausage and Tomato Pasta
Cook the fettuccine according to the directions given on the pack of fettuccine. Similarly, like the last dish drain the water and set it aside. Meanwhile, heat some portion of oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Likewise, add garlic pieces along with some onions until they are soft and cooked enough like they should be golden brown.
Cook the items for about 4 minutes. Add some sausages and cook the whole mixture for about 5 minutes, using a big wooden spoon mix and stir it slowly don not make a mess guys. Cook some tomatoes before adding the mixture. Cook it until the tomatoes skin burst.
This cooking should not take more than 8 minutes or the mixtures can be wasted moreover, its taste can also change. Add salt some vinegar and some pepper. Add the cooked fettuccine which you boiled already and add some basil and arugula along with it now toss slowly to combine the mixture. Serve in glass bowls and top it with green parmesan, Enjoy!
Let’s move on some interesting and amazing facts about pasta then you can decide whether you want to spend your whole life with pizza or pasta. Ha-Ha just kidding
- Pasta was not eaten in Italy for the first time but here is a shocking fact that it was eaten in China for the first time. We typically thought that it was the invention of Italy but no the fact is that it was being eaten more than 5000Bc in China.
- Tomato sauce was not always part of pasta it came later after pasta.
- Pasta has more than 600 hundred different types of shapes of which we know only 310 which is very common.
- Thomas Jefferson known to be the 3rd president of US introduced people with it.
- Italy is one of the most pasta loving countries in the world. Moreover, their national food is pasta.
- Don’t know how much pasta is eaten worldwide? Okay, let me tell you about 600 million kilometers of pasta in the form of spaghetti is eaten. This much noodles can be wrapped around our earth for about 15000 times or more it’s just an estimate.
- Pasta is called dough pastry cake in the Latin language.
- It is scientifically proven that eating pasta makes you happy too.
- Different types of sauces require different types of pasta.
- Someone said that spaghetti grows on trees and there was also a film on it.
I think that you are now quite clear what to choose Chicken French Bread pizza or pasta? If I select from pizza or pasta my answer would still be pizza yay! Best French Bread Pizza is life. To know more about food items such as lasagna vs pizza calories, pizza or pasta quiz, and pizza vs spaghetti sauce, stay tuned with us.
I hope the article would be helpful to you. For more questions and related things just simple comment down and yes, also comment pizza or pasta what’s your favorite do let us know your choice.